It's been a while since I posted - been quite preoccupied and haven't had a second to write on the blog...
NYC is a melting pot - the most diverse population, and the one place where you can literally have the world at your fingertips... You can get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in New York...
Tonight I felt like Korean food,and all I had to do was order-in from the local Korean restaurant. If I want a taste of Paris, we all know I frequent Laduree, where they fly-in macarons from Paris three times a week.
NYC is a central hub, a premiere destination, which means that I often find myself with visitors - family, friends, acquaintances from various parts of the world, and various seasons of my life.
The past two weeks I have visited with an old friend from my Opera days in Cincinnati, a old friend from Australia, a good friend from the Philippines, and also spent time with my best friend's family who were also visiting from out of town.
Meeting people from the past, and walking around the streets of New York, wandering around familiar landmarks seem to stir memories and emotions. It's amazing how parts of your past tend to come into focus in the present, especially when you are at a crossroads about your future. I am treading in some deep waters right now and find myself in deep and quiet reflection of my life, myself, and the exciting new chapter ahead of me. I know all things happen for a reason and I can't help but think that the recent trips down memory lane, may perhaps give me clues as to which direction to set sail next.
This much I do know - all roads lead to New York City, and for someone who has lived in various corners of the world it is appropriate to be in this city where the world is literally at your fingertips.

No comments:
Post a Comment