I am particularly proud of this achievement as it was a pretty exhaustive practice in the pool - the whole idea was to overload our legs, and after the following set - my legs were feeling pretty overloaded:
- 6 x 150 - 25 kick, 50 drill and 75 build
- 3 x 300 - kick (odds are fast and even is easy)
- 4 x 75 free in between each 300 kick set
Yes, this was one of the nights heavily loaded with kicking - and I was anticipating it all to be over until Coach Jonas made us get out of the pool for a nice full out 50 sprint, diving from the blocks. I was really trying to hide, as these exercises get me feeling quite intimidated and nervous - but tonight I dove-in and gave it all that I had despite the burn and I came in at 32.5 seconds with the 50 freestyle.
So okay, the US Masters record is 22.8 - and I don't know much else about that swimmer, other than she holds 12 other US Masters titles... But for someone who has been with masters for 3 months and felt like 50 free in 1:00 intervals were an asthma attack ready to happen - this was quite an amazing feat. Unexpected moments like this just make me smile, because it shows that the hard work I am putting in is clearly producing results, and I am getting better.
I did this sprint quite fatigued, my legs were slightly lazy at some points, and the turn from the wall could have been stronger, which means there is only room for improvement!
For now I'm saying good-night, celebrating my 32.5 second new time, and completely motivated and excited to be diving-in again tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment