Back in the pool today and we were working on swimming as much as we can in 2:00 intervals. Some days it's hard to swim your times when there are many people in your lane. I usually lead the lane, knowing that I am the fastest, but for some reason today this one gentleman just wouldn't concede so I let him go and decided to swim IM and focus on my breast stroke. These weren't sprinting sets for me - so I set a comfortable pace for myself swimming 100 IM continuously for 2:00 intervals and once in a while switching between 50 free and 50 breast stroke. The sets today gave me a chance to work those walls, and those IM transitions.
For good measure after practice I did do a few sprints jumping off the blocks and I'm feeling pretty confident. No goggle or cap mishaps diving off the block; a nice cut into the water, and gliding half-way down the lane... The times were much better than last Friday, and I truly am feeling much better about this meet, and truly excited at the the progress that I am making.
I also got my official AGUA Masters swim cap - I guess I'm ready to race and represent the team on Sunday!

No comments:
Post a Comment