![]() |
| http://janew13.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/spiral.jpg |
Someone once told me that life is an upwards spiral - at certain times you always find yourself at the same point, but looking at the moment from a different perspective. I find it amazing how the changing seasons of our lives can bring us to these significant points - where moments, circumstances and experiences somehow lead you to a similar and strangely familiar situation. There are recurring themes in our lives, and we need to bring awareness to the way we approach these moments in order for us to continue to grow.
In light of recent events, it was called to my attention that my life is laced with Betrayal and Abandonment... Not the happiest of themes but these are the recurring themes in my life. As tragic and traumatic as they may sound, these are also the things that have brought me incredible growth, strength, a stronger foundation with God, resilience, survival and success.
As I climb upwards this particular point in life I try to begin the journey of forgiveness knowing full well that this is the path I need to follow, and what I gain in return is the hope of having a better future. But what exactly is forgiveness, and how can you get to this point of healing when the theme/heart of the issue sounds so unforgivable - betrayal and abandonment...
My Mom recently gave me this book called The Forgiveness Formula, and I love how the book clearly defines that to begin this journey of forgiveness, one my start by understanding what forgiveness means, which the book defines as:
- It means letting go of the hurt people have done you.
- It means loosing yourself of the hold the story of the hurt has on you.
- It means getting rid of the weight of anger you no longer have to carry.
- It does not mean forgetting what was done to you.
- It does not mean that you don't learn from what happened to you.
Then the book continues to provide questions to help begin the process:
- What do you gain by not forgiving?
- What do you imagine life would be like if you let go? How possible does it seem?
- What is the alternative if you don't forgive?
- What do you imagine your life will be like in ten years' time?
- If you had children, would you want to pass this feeling on to them?
One of the things I realized is that the journey of forgiveness is not isolated to the current life event, but that the unresolved past has a way of coming into focus. Somehow forgiveness in the present includes the past, in order to move forward to a brighter future. I hope my current journey and reflection inspires you to find forgiveness and release towards things you may have compartmentalized in order for you to be whole... Life is an upwards spiral and somehow that unresolved point will come into focus and require your awareness and resolution.
As I continue in my process of forgiveness and healing, I let go of my pain, and move through this phase of life in silent meditation, reflection and constant prayer/communication with God.
I realize that just as the earth has its cycles and seasons, our own lives have times of planting, times of growth and times of harvest. I truly believe that everything in life happens for a reason. So for today, I accept divine timing. I set my pace with divine guidance and align myself to the tempo of life precisely as it is unfolding. One step at a time, I move in the direction of my dreams, and know that this is my fate, and I allow it to move towards me. I allow the Universe to answer my prayers and I am grateful for the support and abundance which I receive.
Om Parashaktyai Namah... I bow down to the supreme power of the Universe.

"life is an upwards spiral - at certain times you always find yourself at the same point, but looking at the moment from a different perspective." --> LOVE that.
ReplyDeleteAnd this: "I realize that just as the earth has its cycles and seasons, our own lives have times of planting, times of growth and times of harvest. I truly believe that everything in life happens for a reason. So for today, I accept divine timing. I set my pace with divine guidance and align myself to the tempo of life precisely as it is unfolding. One step at a time, I move in the direction of my dreams, and know that this is my fate, and I allow it to move towards me. I allow the Universe to answer my prayers and I am grateful for the support and abundance which I receive." - Have you read Julia Cameron's book, Transitions? One of my faves. She says something that is so much like this. It's helped me a lot in my meditation as I went through rough transitions (and also good ones). I think you would like it.
The last paragraph is a hodge podge of prayers and thoughts from things I have heard and read - I morphed it all it into a personal prayer/mantra. Figure the more we say it and internalize it - you put it out there it will happen and manifest itself. Don't be surprised if Julia Cameron's Transitions echo as it's a book I'm leaning on right now (got it the last divorce- LOL). Of course, I had to re-read Eat Pray Love - since that's another book I completely relate to.
DeleteThe Madame (Evelyn) told me years ago about how life is an upwards spiral... It helps me move through life with awareness.