Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

VDAY SWIM MEET (Resched) - 3 Day Countdown!


Still not cleared for the pool... Today I am hanging in bed, with what is progress in the world of bronchitis, but still pretty miserable... Mainly all the stuff stuck in my lungs has now loosened and I'm dripping like Niagra Falls... Sorry not the best visual, but after going through one whole box of tissues - I can't think of anything else. 

Ideally, today I would have swum the IM in the pool, and drilled some things out during practice. BUT I'm still in bed, and this marks 6 DAYS OUT OF THE WATER. At this point, I'm really hoping that things start to clear up and I am feeling better by Sunday so I can swim.  

My expectations are a bit low right now, I just want to dive-in and do my best and give it every thing I have. I know this meet will be a good measure of where I need to go - a starting point for me to set goals and expectations for future meets. The whole idea is to really swim my personal best. 

So this is a short blog as I'm headed back to bed - rest is my best friend right now... 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment